Diver Finds 100 Year Old Message In Bottle And Tracks Down

Boat captain Jennifer Dowker came across the green glass bottle on Friday in the Cheboygan River, in Michigan, US.

Jennifer had been cleaning the windows of her boat last week when she decided to join her friend Walter in the water, as he had been practising breathing through a regulator.

She said: "I like to scuba dive the river and find old artifacts. I saw the little green bottle sitting on top of a fish bed. I picked it up and looked at it, and I could see the paper inside.

"It was about two-thirds full of water and I thought 'oh no', but I could find the word 'this' through the glass.

Eagerly rushing back to her boat, the mum-of-three unravelled the message, which read: "Will the person who finds this bottle return this paper to George Morrow, Cheboygan, Michigan and tell where it was found? November 1926."

After posting online in the hope of finding its owner, Jennifer claims she was 'in awe' as the daughter of George, Michele Primeau, 74, reached out.


The daughter recognised her dad's handwriting and admitted the 'sentimental' character often wrote notes and left them in places.

"She said 'I'm 100% sure this is my dad'. He's dead now, he died in 1995 and she's in her seventies.

"She was almost in tears. She said 'this is exactly what he would do'. He was always putting papers in the wall and bottles in the water.

"She said he was born in November 15, so she figured he had dropped it in the water near his 18th birthday."

George's daughter Michele, from Farmington Hills, in Detroit, Michigan, said: "I can't believe all this.

"It was interesting because it was Father's Day that weekend and it brought back lots of memories about him. I knew immediately it was my dad.

"He was very sentimental and did things like that. I remember one time when we were camping, he did that in one of our great lakes here, Lake Keiran.

"It shocked me because he died in 1995. It's a long time. To see his handwriting after all this time was quite moving."

Visit Nautical North Family Adventures: https://bit.ly/3wU39FW
Music: Morning Joe - Patiño
Source: The Sun, Facebook, Pexels
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/patryn.worldlatestnews

Comments