'Japanese Rapunzel' has 6ft 3in Locks And Not Had Haircut In 15 Years

A self-described 'Japanese Rapunzel' whose floor-length hair has not been cut for 15 years says she sees it as a 'weapon' of self-expression.

Rin Kambe's black hair measures 6ft 3in and has not been trimmed since she was 20 years old, when she turned to Buddhism and started pursuing her dreams as an artist.

The Tokyo-based model and dancer said maintaining her long locks can be challenging, explaining that she uses scalp cream made from saffron and monitors her iron intake to help her hair grow.

But she says that her 'natural beautiful super-long hair' is a 'weapon of dance expression', adding that 'my hair is straight, black, and I like the fact that my hair can express the beauty of Asia'.


'There are people in the world who appreciate it, and there are also people who think it is the monster of hair,' she said.

"I think there are many opinions. However, I believe that natural hair leads to maximum self-expression, and I am very happy if people feel amazing when they see my Rapunzel dance show."

She explained: "I eat a lot of iron-rich food and eat a well balanced diet.

“I think sleep is very important and I have about seven hours every day. Exercise and stretching are also important.”

Rin also keeps her hair out of the way by tying it up.

She added: "I can't change my clothes or do anything unless I put my hair up. I change my outfits several times a day so it's easier for me to tie it up.”

Visit Rin Kambe's Instagram: https://bit.ly/3t0zDfm
Music: Know Myself - Patrick Patrikios
Source: Daily Mail, Daily Star, Instagram
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/patryn.worldlatestnews

Comments