Man has joint HYPERMOBILITY turn his feet 180 degrees backward and then walk

A man with flexible legs holds two world records for twisting his feet backwards 180 degrees and walking on them.

Moses Lanham, 57, from Michigan, has double cartilage and extra tissue in his knee joints, hips and ankles that allow him to contort his legs and walk with ease.

The bizarre talent looks excruciatingly painful but Mr. Lanham prefers to twist his feet around at the odd angle.

He said: 'A lot of people ask me if its painful for me to do this if it hurts or feels uncomfortable my answer to all three of them is not at all- it’s actually more comfortable.'

He said: 'When I perform this in front of people I love the reaction I get a lot of people are just amazed.

'Others turn away from them cos it grosses them out. One time in my life time I’ve had a person throw up after I’ve turned my feet around.'



Mr. Lanham discovered his strange quirk at 14 after a high school gym class accident.

Climbing a rope, he lost his grip and fell nearly 18ft before landing with his feet in an extremely awkward position.

it was thought that he had dislocated his knee but he had actually discovered a new-found ability.

Mr. Lanham's son Trey has also inherited his double joints but has only partially inherited his father's funny feet.

Doctors who have examined Mr. Lanham say he was born with extra tissue and cartilage in his joints, making his hips, knees and ankles especially elastic.

People born with the condition called hypermobility, more commonly known as 'double jointed', can often bend their joints to perform contortionist tricks.


Music: "Carpe Diem" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Source: Daily Mail, Metro, 

Comments