Human Lightbulb! Electric boy can withstand shocking 11,000 volts without feeling a thing in India

An Indian teenager has told how he can withstand 11,000 volts passing through his body - and only discovered his bizarre talent by accident when he was repairing his mother’s heater.

Human electricity insulator Deepak Jangra can apparently resist the same amount of voltage required to power 500 houses and even sit with his hands inside a tub of water along with naked live wires.

The 16-year-old claims: ‘I have a gift from God. I feel very privileged. I have the power to do things no-one else can and I don’t intend on wasting it.

‘I used to be scared of electricity but now I am confident. I have tested myself over and over again and I will never get hurt. I can touch a live wire with my tongue and I know nothing will happen to me.’ 



Deepak, who is a student, first discovered that he can resist such high levels of electricity three years ago when he was fixing his mother’s portable heater.

He revealed: ‘My mother kept complaining that our heater was broken so I thought I’d take a look and try and fix it myself because we couldn’t afford to take it anywhere and pay someone to fix it.

‘I accidentally touched the live wire with my screwdriver but nothing happened - I didn’t get a shock. But at the time I assumed we must have had a power failure in our village.’

Two weeks later, Deepak got a movie stuck inside his DVD player and decided to take the machine apart to attempt to retrieve the disc.

‘I hit the live wires again but again nothing happened,’ he said.

‘This time I knew something amazing had just happened. I touched it again and again, and then went outside to check the power supply was ok.

‘That was the day I realised there was something unusual about me.’

Since that moment, Deepak has been experimenting with various devices of different voltages - and he has been continually amazed by what he can withstand.


He has tried light bulbs, TV wires, an electric woodcutter and an electrical water pump but each time, he would simply stop the devices working but not suffer any injuries.

Deepak decided to test his limits by climbing an electric pole in a nearby field to touch the 11,000 voltage high-tension wire that powers his village.

Soon, a crowd had gathered beneath him and started screaming in fear as they thought he was trying to commit suicide.

Deepak said: ‘I was hanging from the pole touching the wires and I think people thought I was crazy.

'My mother came running over and started begging me to come down. She thought I was killing myself.

'But once people saw me touch the wires and walk away unscathed, everyone started cheering. I surprised everyone.’

Deepak - who is now known as Wonder Boy in his remote village near Sonipat, in Haryana, northern India - is frequently asked by local families to repair equipment or electric line faults. 


But he refuses to charge for his services, as he does not believe in profiting from financially from his gift and added: ‘I’m out most days doing some kind of repair work now.

‘I work with my bare hands without any pliers or other equipment. But I don’t charge anything, I don’t make any money.’

Gaurav Singh, 25, an electrical engineer from Delhi, said: ‘The power of 11,000 volts is fatal.

'Even if a man is standing five meters away he can get pulled by the high-tension wire and burn to death. If a person touches 11,000 volts, he wouldn’t get a shock - he would die instantly.

‘A high voltage power line is used to supply electricity to villages and towns. If it can supply electricity to 1,000 kilometres, you can imagine how powerful it is.’


Music : Naraina by Kevin MacLeod
Source : DailyMail

Comments