Tattoo artist Trigz shot in heart in North Hollywood: Fiancee found his lifeless body on the pavement

The fiancee of slain graffiti artist and tattoo shop manager Christopher ‘Trigz’ Pebley has recounted how she rushed to him after finding out he had been shot, only to find his body lifeless slumped on the pavement.

Honey Miranda had been ‘inseparable’ from the tattoo artist since they met in 2006, but is now having to face the prospect of raising their two-year-old daughter, Vida, alone after he was shot in the heart following an altercation in a North Hollywood smoke shop Thursday.

Miranda told : ‘I got the call around 5.45 that he had been shot. I raced down there and he was already gone.

‘He was still there laying there, but he was dead. It was completely senseless. That person took one of the best people I’d ever known.



Pebley was shot once following an altercation with an unidentified man in the Black Derby Smoke Shop, but Miranda, 34, said the couple’s day had been entirely ordinary until that point.

She explained: ‘My daughter and I spent the day with him. He wanted us to run errands with him. He has his clothing line so he wanted us to go to Downtown LA to pick up some more shirts and sweatshirts to be printed.

‘So we went with him, and then we got food and came back here to the tattoo shop. Then the baby got tired and since we only took one car he took me home at around 2pm.’

Pebley is survived by his daughters Kristal, 23, and Jasmine, 14 as well as Vida and sons Anthony, 20, Michael Jr., 19. He was also stepfather to Honey’s daughters Ariana, 16, and Isabella, 13.

Asked if she had a message for the killer, she said: ‘Just, I hope you rot in hell. You killed somebody that was the most amazing person ever and the best father ever and now my baby and his other four kids are left without him, but she’s so young she won’t even remember how much he loved her and that’s the part that killed me.’


Miranda had met Pebley in 2006 and they dated before he was sent to prison for graffiti offences in September 2007. She visited him in jail and they resumed their relationship when he was freed in 2011.

Since then Pebley had worked on his screen career appearing in movies including SWAT and music videos for a variety of artists including Mobb Deep, Travis Barker, Blink 182, Yelawolf, Aerosmith, Taylor Swift. He had also appeared in documentaries aired on the National Geographic channel.

Miranda said that many of her fiance’s famous friends have been contacting her to offer their condolences.

‘A lot of his friends have hit me up whether on social media or on my phone me. Travis Barker was a very close friend, we loved him, he was amazing, Snoop [Dogg], Chris Brown, they’ve passed their condolences and said they miss him, and that he was one of a kind.’

While a funeral and memorial service are still being planned, Miranda paid tribute to her late fiance by getting his name tattooed on the back of her neck Friday.

She added: ‘I just finished getting a tattoo of him. I was actually supposed to get it yesterday with him, but it didn’t happen, so I came in today to get it. It’s his name on the back of my neck, then I’m going to get his portrait probably tomorrow [Saturday].’


Meanwhile, Pebley’s son Michael Hodges, 19, has said he is doing all he can to comfort his family in the wake of his father’s tragic death.

‘I am going to try and fill my father’s shoes, but they are very big shoes. I wanted to step up and he would have wanted me to take care of my family,’ he told. ‘The whole incident sucks, but I knew right away that somebody had to take care of the family.

‘I just want to comfort them, calling them and checking on them every couple of hours and making sure they’re keeping their head up and having a straight mind.

Hodges said he started a GoFundMe account to help their family, which he said raised nearly $17,000 in less than 18 hours.

He added, ‘It’s amazing to see how many people have such a positive outlook on him and cared for him and his family.’

According to the manager of the Black Derby Smoke Shop, the chain of events that led the the fatal shooting started at around 5.40pm Thursday when a stranger made a passing remark that upset Pebley.

The two men came to blows, and after about 30 seconds the fight spilled out onto the sidewalk and ended with the 'rude' smoke shop customer shooting the tattoo artist outside the Sin City tattoo parlor.

Witnesses on the scene reported that the shooter then jumped into a white four-door Honda Accord and fled the scene. He was described as a Hispanic male in his 30s.


Music : Suonatore di Liuto by Kevin MacLeod
Source : DailyMail , KTLA

Comments