Oregon Cougar Attack : 911 Call Reveals Woman Mauling Horror

The owner of a wildcat sanctuary in Oregon tried desperately to save an employee killed in a cougar attack before he realised it was too late, a recording of his 911 call reveals.

Michael Tuller discovered the body of Renee Radziwon-Chapman, 36, inside an enclosure at Wildcat Haven Sanctuary in Sherwood, southwest Portland on Saturday.

"I need an ambulance. Oh my God. Please hurry," he says during the distressing call.

"I have a keeper at Wildcat Haven, was attacked I guess. I just got home here, I think she's dead, but please hurry."

Mr Tuller can also be heard yelling at the cougars to get back, before he gets close enough to see his head keeper's injuries.

"Get out of here. Get. Go. Go. Go. Go. Oh my God, Renee. Oh my God Renee, Oh my God. Oh my God," he shouts.



He is asked if his "friend" is still in the enclosure by the female operator, to which he replies: "I got her out."

Asked if he should try CPR, he responds: "No, no."

There were two cougars in the cage at the time of the attack, and the head keeper was alone in the enclosure which is against protocol, said the sanctuary, which is investigating the death.

Wildcat Haven Board member Ken Hick described the 36-year-old as "a trained professional and a passionate, fearless advocate".

"Everyone here knew her as extremely protective of the cats," he said.

The sanctuary is described on its website as a "last hope" for more than 60 wildcats that have been abandoned or abused, including bobcats, cougars, lynx and tigers.

The facility, which opened in 2001, is not open to the public, but does provide on-site tours to donors.


Source : SkyNews

Comments