9 Years old Garret Hunnan survive from Oklahoma Tornado after trapped in School

A nine-year-old boy has relived his escape from the Oklahoma tornado after he was trapped in Briarwood Elementary School.

Garret Hunnan said his teachers helped him survive the monster storm.

Standing amid the rubble of his school he said: "I was - my teacher said, 'everything was going to be all right.' I didn't believe her. I was just really scared. I was scared.



"And then the tornado hit. I just let everything hit me. I got a little bump in the back of my head. I'm just fine, and so, I got out. We went through the bathrooms, and then, there's this open window," he continued.

"Our reading teacher found us a little desk, and there's a pile of rubble coming right up to it, so we can get out," Garret said.

The tornado struck on Monday and packed winds exceeding 200 miles per hour. It flattened entire blocks, and demolished two schools and a hospital on its 17-mile rampage through central Oklahoma.


Source : ITN

Comments