Dilys Price World's oldest female skydiver 81 years old

An 81-year-old grandmother has vowed to carry on skydiving after cheating death when her parachute failed to open.

Daredevil Dilys Price - the world's oldest woman skydiver - nearly died when her parachute became twisted.

She was plummeting to earth when her reserve chute opened just 1000ft up, saving her life.

Dilys, from Cardiff, said the experience has made her more fearless than ever.



She said: 'It felt terrifying at the time but it has boosted my confidence hugely - it felt like I was cheating death.

'My parachute opened but with lots of twists so I couldn't kick out of it. I went to pull the reserve cord, but because of the twists I couldn't pull it.

'Eventually, with an almighty pull, my rescue parachute came out.

'It was pretty close but it hasn't put me off - I suppose I'm an adventure junkie.'

Mother-of-one Dilys took up skydiving at the age of 54 when she did a parachute jump for charity.

She has completed more than 1050 jumps and regularly jumps out of planes from 13,000ft up.

Dilys has travelled around the world sky diving, carrying out jumps in America and the Wadi Rum desert in Jordan.

She said: 'I still remember the first time I jumped, I thought "This is instant death".

'But the minute I came down I wanted to go up again - I was hooked.'

Dilys is world's oldest female skydiver according to the Guinness Book of Records.

Source: DailyMail

Comments

  1. I really can't believe it the first time it. This old lady is fierce and is one of the bravest person I've ever seen. Courage like her is extremely rare considering her age. My respect to you is so high Dilys. :)
    - SkydiveBaltimore.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment