CCTV armed robbery: Raider holds handgun to woman shop worker's head - Wales

This is the dramatic CCTV of the moment an armed robber held a gun to a woman's head.

Shopworker Rajbar Kaur, 31, was behind the till at the Lucky Superstore, in Abertillery, South Wales, when the man came in and held a gun to her head.

The incident happened at around 8pm on Wednesday when the six-foot tall man - wearing a mask and a hoodie came entered the store.

During the ordeal the raider pointed the handgun at Rajbar's temple and said: 'I can shoot you.'


Rajbar said: 'It was really scary. When I remember it I still shiver. He just said: 'Open the till'. I thought somebody was joking with me.'He had the gun on me and he said: 'I can shoot you.' I knew there was not much in the till. As soon as he opened it he said: 'Where is the rest of the money?'

'Then he used the F word, he said 'Move, I need the cigarettes' and he took my handbag.

'What shocked me is he came into the shop in a very casual way.'

Family friend Julie Paget, 63, from Blaina, South Wales, said: 'It's unbelievable. We live in the Valleys, not in a city.'

Rajbar said: 'I believe this is the safest place to live. I still do. We have faith in this place.'

Police are appealing for information about the robbery.

The man wore a blue hoodie and spoke with a local Welsh accent. Anybody with information is asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Source: DailyMail

Comments